Prophet Sall-Allahu alaihi wa sallam said:
"All of you are shepherds, and each one is responsible for his flock.
A leader of people is a shepherd over this family, and he is responsible for his flock.
A woman is like a shepherd over her husband's house and children, and she is responsible for them.
And a slave is a guardian of his master's property and is responsible for it.
So all of you are guardians and are responsible for your charges." Al- Bukhari and Muslim.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

C For Maths

Pejam celik.. pejam celik.. dah habis dah 2 minggu cuti sekolah! Sigh!

It was not really an enjoyable holidays but it was indeed a relaxing one for me. Takde la kelam kabut early in the morning to brush her hair, ikat, pakaikan tudung, siapkan bekal dia. Then tak payah nak kena hantar en hub to work and fetch mia and him later. A very relaxing! Now it has come to an end :-(

Why is it not an enjoyable? Well, the school break kicked off when the hub and i went to her school that Friday for an Open Day aka Perjumpaan Ibubapa & Guru, it scares me when i was a student and it still scares me when i'm the parent now. 

1st of all, the meeting didn't go as plan. The plan was both hub and i will meet the teacher. That's why we went there early in the morning so that it'll be done just in time before hub goes to work. And in order for that of course the other 2 girls were tagged along. Saper lak nak babysit diorg kat rumah.

As usual, the youngest one, didn't cooperate. She saw a vending machine and demanded a drink. Pagi2 buta dah minta air sejuk dlm tu. Saper nak bagikan. So she's been throwing tantrums all the way. Until at one point the hub took her out and brought her somewhere. Then it was our turn to meet the teacher. I called him to ask him to come but rupa-rupanya he took the lil girl masuk dlm kereta and just waited there. Senang je dia kata, dah sudah nanti call. I thot we we're supposed to meet the teacher together.

Then, bila tgk results, lagi la membara. I already knew some of her results when she brought back her exam papers. But i haven't seen her Maths. So when the teacher showed me her results, there it was.... C.

I also discussed with the teacher abt her. Abt how i found some "work not complete" remarks in her books. My anak ni very slow and steady. Suka take her own sweet time bila buat kerja tu. Kat rumah pun mcm tu bila i suruh dia buat execises.

Tu yg buat i geram je dgn my other half for not being there to discuss abt a bigger matter than that lil girl. So seriously, i've been avoiding him as much as possible (not that hard actually as he's busy with work and his newly opened car wash) during the school hols.

Yeah, since i was very devastated with the Maths result, I bought her yet another Math exercise book (that Friday itself!) and I've been going through with her everyday. The thing is, we've been through and already covered most of the topics last year when she's in RKC but it was in English. Now she has to go through all that again in BM. So i think dia byk confuse.

Mama Rey suggested Kumon book when i said i thot of sending mia there. So after the bird park outing with the lovely ladies and their kids, the girls and i headed to BV2. I eagerly want to grab that Kumon book. But when i found the book in mph, i love all their books, i didn't buy any. Reason, they are all in English. I thot, if i continue teaching her in english, (which i prefer), she'll be more confuse.

I blame totally on the new KSSR system! They probably changed the subjects all to Malay because of the rural people but why can't they think of the people in the city. Why can't they let the school and the parents to decide what they want for their kids. I want them to learn everything in English. Bukannya i tak proud dgn BM my mother tongue tapi i tak risau because she's surrounded with malay speaking people. She knows her BM very well.

Until now i dok terfikir-fikir about that Kumon books. I can just buy all of that and teach them at home. So tetiba the idea of home schooling came to my mind.

Am not a good teacher. I screamed whenever she makes mistakes. I screamed when dia still tak faham2 bila dah 3-4 kali explain. That'll be my major challenges.

Lagi satu, she has no problem going to school. I think she loves going to school, mainly to meet all her friends (and not to study kot). Mmg tak susah nak kejut dia bangun to go to school. Most of the time mmg dia dah bangun bila i bangun for Subuh. So i'm scared if i stopped her going to school, i might took something that she enjoys to do.

I thot of wait and see how she performs in the end term finals. And then probably i'll lay out all the ideas to the hub.

ps: this is the downside of sending ur kids to SK school. U'll be very depressed, devastated and disappointed when the kids don't perform to YOUR liking (i.e out do other kids in their class).. No? Kudos to all Homeschooling Moms out there!

3 comments:

Mom-On-The-Loose said...

Yan...

adoi... i bace your entry pun stress. kesian kat you. it's amazing kan how much we worry about our children and how we long to make sure they turn out right? Masya Allah.

I'm very much pro homeschooling but I think it'd be better if you're more informed about it. What's most important is for both parents to agree and to be into it. Your child will be able to cope with whichever decision you choose in the end.

lagipun, both spectrums has no guarantees. and both got it's pros and cons. sometimes the burden of my children's education really gets me down. and just like your hubby, nik pun bukannye nak tlg sgt bab education nih. ambik tak endah je. tapi slalu tanya soalan menusuk kalbu. *sigh*

whatever it is, I hope Allah ease your plight and help you out with your problem. Insya Allah.

take care k?? and I'm just a call away :)

Perasan Mrs Levi said...

Husbands mmg suka tanya soalan2 menusuk kalbu, sampai I kdg2 malas nak jwb.

If possible, I want my kids to lead a balanced & happy life. I tak nak pressure them into getting 26A++ during SPM. But having said that, I cannot afford for them to not keep up with the rest of the class; if they don't do well ada la pulak masalah low self-esteem ke apa pulak.

Mcm2 dilemma for me nak lepaskan my kid to school nxt yr. I think her current teachers have done a fantastic job of getting her out of her shell, but nxt yr she'll just be one of the 40 kids in class wearing dark blue.

If I'm worried now, I can't imagine what I'll be like nxt yr.

Insya-Allah, you'll find the solution to this soon. Allah & your motherly instincts will guide you, Insya Allah.

Let us know when you're free for an outing. Let's just let the kids play while we chat :)

Mommy MMJ said...

Thx Ladies!

It really is stressful kan asyik pikirkan psl dorg je. And then the hubby lak not 100% participate but nak tau output je. Bila out put x elok mula la with all the questions and instructions.. sigh!

Glad we hv each other to share all these! Hope to see u ladies again soon ya ;-)