Prophet Sall-Allahu alaihi wa sallam said:
"All of you are shepherds, and each one is responsible for his flock.
A leader of people is a shepherd over this family, and he is responsible for his flock.
A woman is like a shepherd over her husband's house and children, and she is responsible for them.
And a slave is a guardian of his master's property and is responsible for it.
So all of you are guardians and are responsible for your charges." Al- Bukhari and Muslim.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

SATC The Movie



I just love these 2 movies! I've been watching it over and over again. I just love the idea of girlfriends hanging out together for meals and also for holidays.

What i like the most when watching these:

1. The interior deco of Carrie's single apartment and also the penthouse. In the 2nd movie, their new home is even spectacular. What i love the most.... the closet!!! I'm dreaming very hard of having one for myself. 

2. The handbags and shoes of course! 

3. In the 2nd movie, it was around Abu Dhabi so there's muslim cultures and how they relate themselves to this new thing.... very nice indeed.

4. In the 2nd movie, (ok, maybe i love the 2nd one more than the 1st) there was this 'Take A Sip' scene... it's hilarious but it's very much true! All mommies should watch this part. Just watch it on youtube. One of the comment from the clip say..
Are you married with children?? Until you are, you won't understand nor have an appreciation for this scene. I have been married for 11 years and have 3 kids and I knew EXACTLY what she was going through. Being a wife and stay at home mother IS WORK and it IS HARD. There is no time clock to punch out at the end of the day. And just like any one that has a job or career outside the home, you need to get away, go on vacation and make time for yourself. This scene is as real as it gets.
Charlotte even said, "and i have fulltime help...how do women without help do it??" and Miranda said, "i hv no f***ing idea.... to them" (raising glass)

5. I cried.. yes, with tears, when i watched the scene where Charlotte in the kitchen with her kids, talking on the phone with Carrie and making cuppies while carrying Rose all at the same time.. and when she locked herself in the pantry when Lily pat her dirty hands on Charlotte's vintage skirt. I didn't cry because it was vintage skirt! I cried when Erin, the 'bra-less' nanny came to her rescue. 

At this point, when you're facing this kind of challenges, an understanding helpers would save you a lot! Really! Even the husbands are not really helpers. Yes, they always say they help out with house works and with kids, but do they really understand what we have to go through on daily basis?

Nak kena cakap dan nak kena suruh baru la diorg buat.. betul? So when i watched how Erin quickly took the kids out to give some space to Charlotte, I thot to myself 'i want need this kind of helper'. And here's what Charlotte said, again, in the 'take a sip'...
when i heard Samantha say that Harry was gonna cheat on me with Erin my 1st thought was i cant lose the nanny!
Mom with kids, especially the fulltime mom (without helper), would understand this. Don't get us wrong though, we love our kids dearly. They mean the world to us. But sometimes, working ALL around the clock with kids ALL around can make us go nuts. So if you hear us screaming or yelling to our kids, pls don't judge. That doesn't mean we are bad mommies.

No comments: