It is indeed a fresh start not only for me but also my 2 little girls. We moved here to my in-laws about a month and half now. How is it going so far? Well, there are pros and cons. Let me just list all the p & c here.
Let's start with pros:
- I have some helps from the in-laws especially in entertaining my kids. Living on our own before this and taking care of the kids while cooking and cleaning at the same time, drove me nuts sometimes. But now, I just need to do all the necessary stuff such as bathe them, prepare their milk, feed them and change nappies (for Baby M).
- As for cooking, I just need to prepare my kids' meal and just help MIL a little bit. Unlike before where I have to prepare both the kids' meal and adults meal from scratch all by myself.
- I get to eat loads of fresh kuehs. Since we moved here, I've tasted freshly made kuih keria, pau, kuih ketayap, kaswi, karipap and other loads of yummy goodies. MIL is a real expert in making them.
- There are also local fruits all around the house. Some yummy ones, my favorite, are ciku, papaya, rambutan, manggo, banana and lemon. They also have durian but the only time it came out with fruits was when i was pregnant with Kakak back in 2004.
Now the cons:
- The house is so...so...so HOT. Especially during kemarau. I can go nuts with this. If we're to have our own space like before, i culd easily slip into something very less clothing like shorts and tiny t or single string or even berkemban terus. I just can't do that now, do i. Sigh!
- A suburb will always be a suburb no matter how developed they are. Although this place is 15 mins drive away from Msia most famouse and pretigious airport, the low cost terminal and also the only F# circuit, but there are just some other things they are lacked on. For instance, petrol station. There are only 4 stations along the KL*A-N*la* highway. 2, near by here, heading towards the KL*A stretch and the other 2, heading to N*la* stretch. Another eg is fast food restaurant. The nearest is K-eF-see. If i want to eat McDee, will hv to drive all the way to N1la1. Not that far but it is quite a hasle.
- No more intimate privacy for hubs and i! We are now sharing a room with the kids. 2 of his siblings are still living here. Not to mention the parents are around 24/7. So no more smooching on the couch or anywhere else except in the bedroom when the kids are asleep. Oh! The in-laws are going to visit BIL #2 in L4ngk4wi this mid of March so yippiee!!! We'll have the whole house to ourselves, yay!
- Clinic was never a problem when we stayed in kl but now.... It's not that they don't have any. The thing is ALL, yes i mean all, the clinics here are full with patient every single day and night. More that 10 ppl everytime i went there either during the day or at night. I find this very troublesome especially now that i'm pregnant again (yes, i just gave birth Baby M last year).
So that's our new life now till probably end of this year. Our home is expected to complete in Aug which coincide with my due date. After giving birth and confinement, it'll be raya so might as well wait till the house is fully furnished or renovated or whatever is suppose to be done. I hope the in-laws will have the patience to bear us till then hehehehehe....
No comments:
Post a Comment